Copper is a tremendously valuable mineral that benefits our body and health in many ways.
Copper is antibacterial which as a bottle to host water simply makes sense. Here’s one study showing that copper containing water kills bacteria. Putting water in an antibacterial environment is suiting. Copper is also electrically conductive. Water is life and water is electrically conductive as well. To have water that is conductive is healthier than to have water in an environment where it is less conductive such as a plastic cup.
Leaving drinking water in a copper container of any kind (cup, water bottle, pitcher etc.) helps your body receive it’s daily copper need when drank.
Copper is directly related to the decline in bone health. People who suffer from osteoporosis have a copper deficiency. More copper means stronger bones. People who are deficient in copper also suffer cognitively. Too little or too much copper effect cognitive decline. Copper effects immune function as well. Too little copper leads to the body losing it’s ability to produce white blood cells which help to fight off infections and disease.
The benefits of drinking waater stored in a copper cup, water bottle or jug is good in many ways for our health and well being. It stimulates the brain, promotes the strength of bones, aids in digestive health, acts as anti-carcinogenic, regulates functioning of thyroid gland, helps to prevent joint pain, aids in hemoglobin synthesis, maintains acid-alkaline balance in body, and also helps in healing of internal wounds and slows down aging due to its antioxidant properties. Copper water is recommended for other reasons also such as anti-inflammatory properties and improving digestion.
How to Drink Water kept in copper vessel and How it works ?
When water is stored in a copper vessel for approximately 16 hours, the copper, in very small quantities gets dissolved into the drinking water. This process is known as the oligodynamic effect and has the power to destroy a wide range of things that may be harmful in the water such as molds, fungi, and harmful bacteria because of the toxic effect it has on living cells. The copper content of water which reaches levels of about 190 µg/l is well within the permissible limits set by the World Health Organization and thus remains safe for drinking.
After sitting in the copper container for 16 hours, the water pH will change from 7.83 to 7.93 which becomes slightly more alkaline.
It’s quite astonishing. Drinking water out of a glass is better for your health but if you drink water out of a copper cup or jug you can enhance the health benefits of that water even further. Make sure to clean your copper container to ensure that any build up of residue doesn’t get in your water.
Get latest news about our clinics performance weekly on our website. healingatayurveda.in